Asteres Inc. develops secure self-service kiosks for the storage and delivery of prescriptions and consumer products. Asteres’ premier product is ScriptCenter, the first prescription pickup kiosk for retail, healthcare and military pharmacies that allows patients to pick up and pay for their prescriptions even when the pharmacy is closed.
Asteres is looking for a Data Analysis Intern who will be working with acquiring and interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques, maintaining data analysis systems and providing ongoing reports.
Primary Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Use raw data from the use of the company’s products to produce reports, charts, and statistical digests giving insight into the company’s users and their behaviors and use patterns
- Work with technical staff to understand the database schemas and data representations
- Work with both technical and nontechnical staff to identify useful reporting and trend analyses and then develop responsive reports and analyses
- Produce work products such as automated SSRS reports, Excel spreadsheets with direct database connections to retrieve from production databases, and ad hoc analysis on demand in various forms
- Depending on skill level, may work on core database schema revision, updating, and administration
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications – Knowledge or Experience with the following:
- Microsoft SQL (or a closely related SQL flavor) for queries and analysis
- SSRS (or a closely related BI/reporting tool)
- Communicating statistical trends and outcomes through charting
- Examining bulk data and identifying useful avenues of investigation and analysis
- Current enrollment in Computer Science or related Bachelors or Masters Degree
- ASP.NET experience or knowledge integrating tabular and/or SSRS results into web pages is helpful
- Experience or knowledge with SQL designing views, queries, functions, and stored procedures is preferred
Asteres uses E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.